This version of Distance is no longer available for download, please contact us via e-mail if you require a copy.
Before installing Distance 3.5, we recommend you read the release notes.
- Note: Extra support files added to Distance 3.5 Release 6 distribution, 25 Sept 2001. The original version of Distance 3.5 Release 6 (20 July), would not install properly on some versions of Windows 95 and 98. We have now added extra support files to the distribution. If you downloaded Distance 3.5 Release 6 before 25 September 2001, and are having trouble installing it, then you should download the setup files again.
- Known Problems and Workarounds in Distance 3.5 Release 6 - If you find a problem with Distance 3.5 that is not listed here, please contact us.
- Resolved Problems and New Features in Release 6 and Earlier
- Additional Distance 3.5 downloads:
- Large-dataset version of Distance 3.5 Analysis Engine - The standard analysis engine allows for up to 5000 samples (transects, points, etc) and 10000 observations. This version allows for 10 times more samples and observations, but uses more memory when it runs.
- Distance 3.5 Release 4 and later Sample Projects - Download another copy of the sample projects if you accidentally messed up the originals.
- Problem fixes and patches:
- Microsoft Data Access Objects (DAO) - This archive contains the DAO 3.51 installation package, from Microsoft (about 3MB in size). Re-installing DAO has been found to solve a “Run time error 91” problem that can occur in Distance 3.5 on some computer configurations. See the known problems list for details. Warning: do not install if you do not have a specific problem you wish to fix.