Download Distance 3.5
Please read the Use Agreement below before downloading.
Before installing Distance 3.5, we recommend you read the release notes.
As a user of this software, you are entitled to copy the program and its associated components for your own or your local institutions use (e.g., university, laboratory, department, research center). You are not allowed to distribute this software under the name Distance or any other name, singly or as part of a package, from which you derive any reimbursement.
Distance version 3.5 contains components and uses technology from many sources: Digital Corp., Data Dynamics Inc., Farpoint Software Inc., IMSL Inc., Microsoft Corp., Sheriden Software Inc., VideoSoft Inc.. The authors of these components retain copyright over them; however they should not be held responsible for the contents or use of this program, nor should they be contacted with regards to any problems with its use.
We, and our respective agencies, make no warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this software and its fitness for any particular purpose. In no event will we be liable for indirect or consequential damages, including, without limitation, loss of income or use of information.
Click on one of the buttons below to download the file
D35setup.exe. This file contains Distance 3.5 Release 6 and is about 7 MB in size. Both sites contain the same file, so it is best to choose the site closest to you.
Once you have downloaded the file, simply run it to launch the setup program, and then follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
- Note: Extra support files added to Distance 3.5 Release 6 distribution, 25 Sept 2001. The original version of Distance 3.5 Release 6 (20 July), would not install properly on some versions of Windows 95 and 98. We have now added extra support files to the distribution. If you downloaded Distance 3.5 Release 6 before 25 September 2001, and are having trouble installing it, then you should download the setup files again.
- Known Problems and Workarounds in Distance 3.5 Release 6 - If you find a problem with Distance 3.5 that is not listed here, please contact us.
- Resolved Problems and New Features in Release 6 and Earlier
- Additional Distance 3.5 downloads:
- Large-dataset version of Distance 3.5 Analysis Engine - The standard analysis engine allows for up to 5000 samples (transects, points, etc) and 10000 observations. This version allows for 10 times more samples and observations, but uses more memory when it runs.
- Distance 3.5 Release 4 and later Sample Projects - Download another copy of the sample projects if you accidentally messed up the originals.
- Problem fixes and patches:
- Microsoft Data Access Objects (DAO) - This archive contains the DAO 3.51 installation package, from Microsoft (about 3MB in size). Re-installing DAO has been found to solve a “Run time error 91” problem that can occur in Distance 3.5 on some computer configurations. See the known problems list for details. Warning: do not install if you do not have a specific problem you wish to fix.