Sponsors of Distance
Between 2001 and 2004, the Wildlife Conservation Society were the major sponsor of Distance, providing long-term funding to enable ongoing support and development of the software. Our main contact within WCS is with the Science and Exploration Program.
In addition, specific features in Distance have been or are being developed through contracts or grants from:
- Living Marine Resources program, US Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division (N45)
- US Office of Naval Research, Marine Life Sciences program
- GeoMarine Inc
- US National Marine Mammal Laboratory
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Arctic Research Division
- US National Parks Service, Inventory and Monitoring Division
- Colorado Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
- UK Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
If you are interested in helping to support distance, or funding development of specific features, please contact us.