This version of Distance is no longer available for download, please contact us via e-mail if you require a copy.
Before installing Distance 5.0, we recommend you read the latest release notes.
d50setup.exe file contains Distance 5.0 and is about 20 MB in size. Once you have this file, simply run it to launch the setup program, and then follow the instructions displayed on your screen. A reboot may be required, in which case you may need to restart the setup program again.
If you want to make use of the new mark-recapture distance sampling (MRDS) analysis engine, you need to have the free statistics software R installed on your computer. Note also that only specific versions are supported: for the versions currently supported by Distance, see below. For more information, see the release notes.
- Which version of R is currently supported by the Distance 5 MRDS engine? The MRDS engine supplied with Distance 5.0 Release 2 is version 1.2.9 and it was compiled and tested under R version 2.4.1. Newer versions of R may work, but there is no guarantee of this!
- Patch for versions of Distance 5.0 Release 2 downloaded before 9 January 2008 - This solves the following problems when running MRDS analyses:
- 355 Cannot deal with missing distances in interval data. Error is in create.interval.data function.
- 356 When running analyses using previous detection functions, get error “Could not find the method command in model definition”.
- To install the patch, download the above zip archive, extract it, and follow the instructions in the file
- Known Problems and Workarounds in Distance 5.0 Release 2 - Please contact us if you are aware of a problem with the software that is not listed here.
- Resolved Problems and New Features in Distance 5.0 Release 2