Sponsors of Distance
Between 2001 and 2004, the Wildlife Conservation Society were the major sponsor of Distance, providing long-term funding to enable ongoing support and development of the software.
In addition, specific features in Distance have been or are being developed through contracts or grants from:
- Living Marine Resources program, US Navy, Chief of Naval Operations, Energy and Environmental Readiness Division (N45)
- US Office of Naval Research, Marine Life Sciences program
- GeoMarine Inc Geo-Marine was acquired by Versar Inc. in 2013.
- US National Marine Mammal Laboratory
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Arctic Research Division
- US National Parks Service, Inventory and Monitoring Division
- Colorado Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
- UK Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- UK Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
If you are interested in helping to support distance, or funding development of specific features, please contact us.