Preview of distance sampling training workshops for 2021
Posted 30 November 2020 by Len Thomas
We are planning to offer a selection of introductory and more advanced/specialised workshops in 2021, via video conference. The first, on methods for when animals are missed at zero distance, will be on January 11-12, and registration is currently open.
This year we are planning a winter/spring series and a late spring/summer series of workshops.
The winter/spring series will comprise:
- Distance sampling when animals are missed at zero distance 11-12th Jan. More info and registration.
- Spatially explicit models for distance sampling data: density surface modelling in practice 8-12th March. More info and registration
- A practical guide to distance sampling survey design and simulation 15-17th March. More info and registration
We are in the early stages of planning the late spring/summer series, but it is likely to include:
- Introduction to distance sampling
- Density surface modelling
- Distance sampling when animals are missed at zero distance
Further details at this website.